Monday, December 12, 2011

Cheap Christmas Stocking

I realized when we pulled out our Christmas stuff yesterday that H does not have a stocking yet. I should have known this but it totally slipped my mind. I was too busy trying to get through birthdays and buy Christmas gifts. I figured maybe I would try to make one for her instead of going out and buying an overpriced, cheaply made, stocking that I would not like. I used one of our other stockings and cut around it with a roller cutter. The pink and red part is a wool sweater that I paid $1.50 at a yard sale a while ago to make a diaper cover that I had not gotten around to yet. I used the middle of the sweater so I still have the arms of the sweater to use to make pants that can be used as a diaper cover. The white part is the hem of a skirt that I had picked up for free. I loved the fabric of the skirt but it was way too small. I love this stocking and am going to keep my eye out for some more wool sweaters to do this with as well. I would love for all of my kids to have a special stocking that I made for them.

Have you made your own stocking or some other Christmas craft? Please link in the comments so I can check out your homemade goodies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment