Thursday, March 18, 2010

My House Is Relaxing Now

It is amazing how relaxing a clean house is. Since The Man and I got married almost 5 years ago we have just had too much stuff. Even though our house wasnt messy it was most definatly cluttered and unorganized. I decided this is my year of change since this year started a new decade in my life. I was not going to keep looking at the clutter and keep getting frustrated because I felt that my house was a pig sty no matter how much I cleaned. I have been going through room after room and trying to figure out if the things we have are things we need or actually use. If it is not in one of those two categories it must go. My house over the last week or so has finally started to feel like a comfortable place to be for me. It is still a work in progress and probably always will be but my hope is that if I can keep one step ahead of the clutter I will not dislike being in my own home. Do you have any tips for keeping the house clutter free?

2 comments:

  1. sounds fantastic!! I'm gonna be in full swing when we get back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I love an uncluttered house. Getting rid of what you don't want or can't use is the first step. Put seasonal things (winter clothes, holiday décor, sport equipments, etc.) into plastic containers & store it in the garage or basement will free up a lot of space.

    ReplyDelete