Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday

Wow! Where has the past week gone. I feel like it has just flown by and I don't feel like I got much accomplished. Today I weighed in at 201.8 lbs. Small victory, but at least it is something. I am not sure at this rate if I am going to hit my goal of 175 lbs by February 28, 2012 at the rate I am going. I feel like if I could get under 200 lbs I might have more umph. I have been doing good exercising for the past 2 weeks. I have started the Couch 2 5K program. I am still stuck on day one (because I refuse to move on til I complete it properly). You are supposed to be able to complete the program in 9 weeks but based on the fact it is taking me 2 weeks just to complete day 1 properly I am going to set my goal as being February 28, 2012. I am afraid that it might take even longer than that but I need to do it so I can register to do one of the 5k fun runs the base has to be able to say I have done it.

Saturday, October 1- finished 3.5 of the 9 runs from day 1 but quit and failed to finish the 31 minutes

Monday, October 3- I finished 3.5 of the 9 runs from day 1 but continued to walk and try to do some parts of the runs for the rest of the 31 minutes

Wednesday, October 5- I finished 6 of the 9 runs from day 1  but continued to walk the rest of the 31 minutes

Friday, October 7- went roller skating with S

Monday, October 10-finished 7.5 of the 9 runs from day 1  but continued to walk the rest of the 31 minutes

I am hoping to possibly make it through all 9 of the runs by Friday. I find that I have shin splints and so have been upping the banana consumption. I also hurt in my shoulders and back from the running so I have had to try to do some stretching as well as take a few ibuprofen and use the heating pad. I am actually looking forward to my run time tonight. I will also eventually have to add in some strength training but for me I find that one change at a time works better.

Now if only chicken, fruits, and vegetables would be as cheap as bread or pasta and taste like cookies or candies my journey would be super easy. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment