Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Many Faces Of Mom

I read in one of my friends Facebook status how she felt like a bad housewife because she wasn't perfect at it. It made me sad. I am a stay at home mom and housewife as well and know that I am not perfect nor should my husband, children, or anybody else think that I am. It made me think of some the things I do for my household. It will probably have to be edited as I think of more but I am going to start a list so when I have one of those days I can look back and feel good about the things I do for my family. Maybe, just maybe it will help another mom or housewife who is having a bad day see that she also probably does tons of things for her family.

I AM:
-wife
-mom
-chef
-housekeeper
-nurse
-accountant
-entertainment planner
-coupon clipper/sale finder
-referee
-hairstylist
-tutor
-chauffeur
-cheerleader
-calendar

I will come back and add more as I think of more as I am tired and drawing a blank right now but this list is not complete. I am the one who keeps this house running as smoothly and organized as it does. I know that The Man could do it without me but I like to think things run just a tad bit more smoothly with me taking care of certain important aspects of the house.

2 comments:

  1. My mom always said that if you're bored as a housewife, then you're doing it wrong. :)

    I think that also goes for the idea that you'll ever be completely caught up with your work or will ever do it perfectly. It just can't be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with that as well. I am never bored in the fact there is sonething that will always need to be done.

    ReplyDelete