Monday, January 31, 2011

Yummy Homemade Yogurt Granola Bread

I was reading through some blogs/websites yesterday and came across Chickens In The Road. They have tons of recipes for homemade foods. I, of course, being one who loves food went through pages and pages of recipes drooling. I eventually landed on her Yogurt and Granola bread recipe. I had some homemade granola and homemade yogurt already on hand that needed to be used up so this was the perfect recipe. I did change a couple things in the recipe though.

3 cups all-purpose flour ( I used 1.5 cups whole wheat flour and 1.5 cups all purpose flour)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1 2/3 cups plain yogurt (I used my homemade version)
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used 1/4 cup of organic coconut oil)
1 cup granola (I used 1.5 cups of my homemade granola)
1 cup chopped dried fruit (optional) (I did not put any dried fruit in mine and my granola didn't have any either)

This bread is so good The Man is already asking me to make another loaf. I have to make some more granola first. My loaf did take more than the hour the original poster suggested so next time I think I will separate mine into two loaf pans to cut down on size and baking time a little.

1 comment: