Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I know it really isn't the time for pumpkin recipes but this is one I adapted to try today. My friend sent this to me way back around Halloween time and I just haven't had any pumpkin or the umph to make them. Well I got a good deal on pumpkin from Amazon* and wanted to try it out. I did adapt this recipe to include a bit more healthy ingredients for our liking. These turned out really tasty and even got rave reviews from my pickiest child.

3/4 c sugar
1/4 c coconut oil (originally veg oil)
2 eggs

1 c canned pumpkin
1/4 c water

1 1/2 c whole wheat flour (originally all purpose flour)
3/4 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
2 t pumpkin pie spice (originally 1 1/4 t cinnamon, 3/4 t ground cloves, 1/2 t nutmeg)
1/4 t salt

1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips (I used mini chips since that is what I had on hand)





Preheat oven to 375. grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.

Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips. fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 20-25 minutes.



*Amazon doesn't send food products to APO addresses so when the pumpkin was on super sale I had it sent to my mom's house and she is sending it a few cans at a time in boxes that she is sending.

No comments:

Post a Comment